Friday, May 23, 2008

Counting the Days

I am usually not one to wrapped up in things like counting the days until something happens. For one thing, I am usually too absent minded to remember that that something is about to happen. Just ask my brothers and sisters how often I wish them a Happy Birthday. Sorry. But I am counting the days until I go home for the last time before heading into theater. It isn't that I am planning on doing anything exciting. Chances are, without someone pushing me to do something, I will mostly stay at home and maybe do a little work on my house. It isn't even that I wont see my family again for a while. That has happened before. Refer to my previous statement about birthdays.
I think that right now it probably has more to do with the general incompetence that seems to pervade too many government bureaucracies. I need a few days away from the Army, and the people who are arranging my travel can't get a simple thing a return flight right. Someone didn't think I would notice or mind that they had me scheduled to come back three days early. I am pretty sure that they would mind if their vacation was cut short by three days without their knowledge. One way or another, this will be fixed. I could live with one day, if there was no other way to get back in time, but there is no excuse for three days.

No comments: