Anytime you misbehave or dont listen, the consequences always catch up to you. Looking back, I can remember a fleeting thought that I should walk back to work from lunch, or take the bus. Didn't Joseph Smith say something about recognizing the first hints of intelligence that might be revelation. If I had listened, I wouldn't be nursing a strained back. The roll over might not have happened either, but I can't say for sure, because they had been pushing the limits for a while as youngsters often do. I even had a second chance, because I remember thinking after going around a couple of turns at an uncomfortably high speed that I really should tell the driver to slow down.
Then, I was late getting something done that my Boss wanted, so that he had to step in. I got my bags back out of the deal, so I am finally wearing clean clothes today, but I am paying for it, because hauling them around made the strain a little worse. My back is really hurting today and will for a few more days.
Let me tell you, it is never a good idea to blow off what might be a gentle push out of harms way or to put off until tomorrow what ought to be done today.
I got to take my first helicopter ride yesterday between Camp Basrah and Umm Qasr. It wasn't really very exciting, because there wasn't a reason to be in a hurry. It is even hotter in Umm Qasr than it is in Basrah. Today, I left the wire for the fist time on the ground to go into a district of Basrah called Hyyanniyah. MRAPs are a pretty nice ride, but the Marines are going home soon. I have been told that the British Mastiff and Bulldog vehicles are not so nice, and that is all that will be left, until the Brits leave and the Army takes over.
Tuesday, August 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I've had those sorts of "You should have listened" experiences. Glad yours wasn't worse than it was.
Post a Comment