I finally made it to church today. There were about four dozen Elders and High Priests and five Sisters in attendance. Most were from a unit permanently assigned here. They filled all of the callings in the serviceman's group. A few were civilians and transients like me. Sacrament meeting and Sunday school were both squeezed into one hour so that other religious services could have their time in the chapel. I expected to see a few more people, given the number of soldiers at this camp, but some were probably in training like I was last week.
The chapel has one really good draw for folks who need a reason to attend. It has the best air conditioning of any building or tent that I have been in. After walking through 110+ heat to get there it felt chilly, and that is something you don't feel often here.
Sunday, June 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Glad you we're finally able to make it to church. Gabe had a talk in Primary today. He did a good job. Robert continues to get rave reviews for Gospel Doctrine. He really is an amazing teacher! Have a good day since it is probably daytime for you!
Love,
Amaryllis
Post a Comment