This is a day late, but I didn't find it until today. This is a must read for everyone. Few people know how close the Normandy landings came to failure and the price that was paid to win that day. Thisi is the story of two companies at Omaha beach.
Able and Baker companies of the first wave at Omaha Beach
Please read it.
Saturday, June 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
It is sad so many people had to die and are stil dying for the price of freedom or other such things. It makes me worry about you some. Keep safe. I love you.
I love history. War history especially facinates me. I think it is because when it comes right down to it a person's true colors show. the dedication and love a soldier has for his home, family and country are plain to see. Dan said once that doing what he does does not make the hero but living and surviving through it. I am very proud of you and the choices you make. Be smart.
Keep us posted. We love you.
Post a Comment